It's Monday. I struggled to get to work today. The rain didn't help. Not because it was hard to drive in. It wasn't raining that hard. But it rained all night. And whenever it rains, I don't sleep very good. I fall asleep just fine. The rain actually helps me there. It's the waking up that's the problem. My back is aching like hell. I'm sluggish. All night I've been rolling around like a pair of shoes in a dryer. I know it's the rain. It does something to the pressure in the atmosphere. I don't know what, but it does something, very bad. My friend Preston thinks I'm stupid. But my girlfriend Bridget is on my side. She feels it too. I know old people move to Florida because the hot weather is good for their joints and all. But with all the damn rain, I think it's kinda counter productive. When I was a kid, I loved the rain. The older I get, the less I like it. It's the opposite with reading. I never liked that much as a kid. For some reason I like skateboarding now more than when I was a kid. Girls now, Dirt then, Golf now, Football then. TV is the same. Anyway, on days like today, I'm pretty much useless until I get my fix of morning coffee (dunkin donuts is the present addiction of choice). I had a donut this morning with it because I really needed an extra jolt. I'm cutting back on the sweets though. I started running again. Trying to get in shape for the big 40. I blame the rain for the donut. We are victims of our environment to a certain extent. There's only so much you can do. Anyway, I hope it doesn't rain tonight so I can get some sleep. It certainly doesn't help being Monday.
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are stupid. just click here to see.
Post a Comment