Monday, December 18, 2006

Director's Log - december 19, 2006

Today I decided to enter Dramafest, a short film contest on dvxuser website. This will be the second short movie I've made since I bought my dvx100b camera 8 months ago. I wasn't sure I was going to enter. It takes alot to get me motivated. Creating films is something I really want to do, but making them is another story. I've come to realize after my first short film that I don't have the energy and drive that I thought I did. I used to, back in the day. I turned 42 this last October, and if it wasn't for my lack of energy and drive, I would never believe it. I still feel like that 20 year old kid who wanted to make movies but decided to do something he hated instead. So I've decided, good or bad, I'm entering this fest. I don't have the time not to. I don't have a script yet. I don't have any actors. All I have right now is a story in my head and a stock dvx100b. I'm going out of town for two weeks so I won't be able to shoot till the weekend of Jan 13. That will give me two weekends to shoot and then one to edit. I'm looking for a chair. That's my big prop. I think it's funny, I read about some of the other filmmakers and they've got airplanes and ladders and sound stages and hvx's and 35adapters and dp's and crews and actors. And I'm still looking for a chair. But if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't be entering. I keep telling myself, if they can do it why can't I. And then myself says, "Well cause they got more energy and drive than you do you loser." And then I tell myself back, "Well I already got a title you mofo!" And then I stop. Cause I realize I just called myself a mofo. So the journey begins. I'm throwing my hat in. And even if I've got cheese pouring out of my mouth, I don't care, I'm gonna make a damn film. I will keep a log of my progress in the days to follow. About that cheese. Let's dance.

david jerome

No comments: